Sunday, July 24, 2011

Joel at Two Months



 So this guy isn't getting too many pictures taken of him. Whoops. 

Life with Joel in the family is good. The first two weeks are always hard as the baby figures out night and day, and I try to establish breastfeeding (didn't go well again, unfortunately). But, we made it past that. J went back to work, and I quickly realized that the only reason I am surviving kids spaced 15 months apart is because I have full-time help here. I have a new level of appreciation for all of you out there who have kids that close together and do/did it on your own. Wow. Seventeen-month old Paul is currently a major hazard to himself, his brother and our possessions. Luckily, at the same time he is SO cute and fun.

Anyway, we made it through the first six weeks, and Joel started sleeping better night and day (and smiling!). I took him for his 2-month check-up, and he is 12 pounds, so I have started to let him cry at night, and he usually falls back asleep on his own. Today was the first day I took all four kids to a friend's house by myself. It was fine.

I think we will really turn a corner when Claire starts school in 3 weeks (YAY!) at an international school that is supposed to be fabulous. I'm currently soliciting ideas for nut-free school lunches that can be prepared the night before.


No comments:

Post a Comment